Alcohol is the #1 misused drug in the U.S.
- Alcohol is a nervous system depressant
- Chronic alcohol use can damage the frontal lobes of the brain.
Moderate use (2-3 drinks)
- Results a loss of motor coordination for up to 12 to 18 hours after drinking.
- Results in depleted aerobic capacity and negative impact on endurance for up to 48 hours after the last drink has been consumed.
- 88,000 deaths are annually attributed to excessive alcohol use.
- Every year in the U.S., roughly 5,000 people under the age of 21 die from an alcohol-related incident including car crashes, homicides, suicides, alcohol poisoning and other related injuries.
- Alcoholism is the 3rd leading lifestyle-related cause of death in the nation.
What do you know about alcohol?
Take this quiz to test your knowledge!
Join the movement for healthy living.
It is simply not true that “everybody is doing it.” In fact, most teens DO NOT drink alcohol.
Click here to more about alcohol use.
Walk for Health!
Join the Stand UP Foundation on Friday, March 3 at 7:00 PM for a Neon Nights Walk at Harbourside. The walk will educate participants about alcohol and other health issues and help fund Stand UP’s prevention programs. Summit Performance Consulting LLC is proud to be a Neon Night’s sponsor and to help keep teens mentally fit. Register here.